Change of Heart

This book is another one I got through Traveling ARC Tours. It's Change of Heart by Shari Maurer.

About and Thoughts on Book:
In a world where the most stressful thing seems to be winning a soccer game or what to wear in the morning, you take some really basic things for granted.
Like the love of your parents.
Or hanging with your friends.
Or the beating of your heart.
When you’re 16 years old, it never occurs to you that you might die. Emmi Miller’s got a fabulous life. She has tons of friends, does great in school and is an all-star soccer player who played in Europe last summer. It even looks like Sam Hunter, a totally cute baseball player, might be interested in her. And then she gets a virus. No biggy, right? Until the virus goes to her heart and weakens it so much that, without a transplant, Emmi will die.
Will Emmi get a heart in time? Is Sam too good to be true? What about her new friend Abe, who has also had a transplant and guides her through these scary times — is he just being supportive or is there more going on between them? And will Emmi realize it before it’s too late?
From Traveling ARC Tours

So I found that I really enjoyed this book. I thought it would be a lot different than it ended up being from the synopsis. I liked Emmi's personality, but some things about her annoyed me, which is probably typical with a lot of main characters. Or so it is with me. I found that once I got to a certain point in the book, I couldn't put it down, and had to keep reading. In the beginning, it seems like Emmi has everything. She's an awesome soccer player, her team went to the championships, she has a great family even if her and her mom don't always get along, she has great friends, and the hottest guy in school seems to be interested in her. But she doesn't realize how great she has it until she learns that she may not have all these things any more. I felt that Emmi took some things for granted even after finding out that she would have to get a new heart, but I also liked that the author made it seem more real by having her be herself and not act like the happy, optimistic kid all the time. She did understand that she might not make it. I found that Abe was my favorite character, and I loved his honesty and that he was there to help Emmi get through it. I think that anyone would enjoy reading this book, and you should definitely put it on your "to be read" list.

Overall I rate this one:
LK Liked it. It wouldn't hurt you to read it, but it wouldn't kill you if you didn't. I still think you'd be missing out if you didn't.




Alisha

Comments

Elle said…
Wow, sounds good! Love the premise and the title. Great review. :)

Popular Posts