Top Ten Tuesday(1)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
Each week there's a new post of  Top Ten list  that one of the bloggers  at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. Just add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out your blog and you can check out others as well. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment on their site. Like the Book Blogger Hops it's a great way to find blogs out there. 



For the first one that I'm participating in it's all about the Top Ten Reasons Why We Love Book Blogging!


Here's my Top Ten Reasons: 


1. Number 1 reason has to be that I simply love reading! I can't live without my books. I have always been an avid reader and a book blog let's me find others who share my passion for it. 


2. It's a way to get share my thoughts about a book with others. Before I became a book blogger, I had only one person I would talk about books with, my sister. We both love reading, but no one else we knew ever read the same books we did or knew what we were talking about half the time. Now I have found tons of blogs that people post how they loved or disliked a book almost as much I do. It's a great way to see others ideas on a particular book.


3. ARCs. Before I have never gotten to read a book before it's been out on the shelfs. Now I can read a book ahead of time and it's a great way to read books I've may have not picked up before. 


4. Audience. When I first started this blog, I had barely anyone following me, and I didn't know what I was doing. Then I started finding other book blogs and people started leaving comments on my post and helped me get better at it because I knew I really wanted people to know how I felt about a book and so I wouldn't lead them astray with a bad review.


5. Changed my perspective. I admit I had a skewed view of the world. But when I started blogging I started reading others' blogs and it got me to see the world differently. I found people who enjoy reading just as much as I do and maybe more. 


6. Outlet. I have found that I say a lot more on my blog than I do in person. I'm quiet and shy, but on here I feel like I can really say how I feel about a book. I know I can give a bad review about a book because it's not like it's going to cause a major catastrophe. I have a right to my opinion and I feel like I'm more free to express it on here. 


7. I can post whenever I want. I know there are weekly memes and doing weekly reviews is important to keep my blog current, but I have the freedom of posting when I have time and I can always come back and edit it. Recently I have been trying to get back on track and post reviews I should of posted months ago, but even though I know I should post more I do have the option of doing it when I have the time. 


8. Finding Awesome Books! I love reading others blogs and finding a new book that sounds awesome from their reviews. It gets me to read books of different genres that I might have not read before. I'm someone who mainly reads YA, but it was mostly paranormal or a bunch of series. I use to only get the books at my library never reading a review on it before. Now most of the time I read a review about it before I even think about buying it, maybe even before I read the preview. I know that I may feel differently than how the reviewer felt, but it's still helpful to know if a book is worth reading or not.


9. I can be nerd that I want to be. I use to always have my nose in a book, and still would if I wasn't extremely busy all the time now. Even now, I find a way to at least read a few chapters of a book even if I don't really have the time. I use to think that no one was as obsessed as me, but I found through blogging that there are a lot of people who are like me and that makes me happy. I use to go on and on about books I loved with none of my friends really appreciating how awesome a book is because they just didn't have the passion I did for the book. Now I read others reviews and they have that same passion as me.


10. Contests. I find these quite exciting especially when someone's giving away a book I really like and want. I also like being able to come up with contests of my own or participating in them through Blog Fest or another site. 


So those are my reasons I love book blogging. It's a great community I'm proud to be a part of. So what are your reasons?




Alisha

Comments

Popular Posts