The Duff

So I got another book from Traveling ARC Tours. This one is The Duff by Kody Keplinger.

About and Thoughts on Book:

Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn't think she's the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She's also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her "Duffy," she throws her Coke in his face.
But things aren't so great at home right now. Desperate for a distraction, Bianca ends up kissing Wesley. And likes it. Eager for escape, she throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with Wesley.
Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out that Wesley isn't such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she's falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.
From 
http://kodykeplinger.com/

So I found this book to not be at all like I expected, which is a good thing. I liked the main character, Briana, a lot. I didn't like Wesley at all in the beginning, but that's to be expected since he is the one who started calling her the Duff. I found that some of the things that Briana did annoyed me, and I didn't see why she did some of the things just to avoid other things in her life. As you might think it just made things worse. I thought it was an amazing first novel for author Kody Keplinger. I thought she picked a topic that I have yet to read about in a book which is rare. I was also glad that she wanted to write this book and tell people that people that you don't expect to do have the same self image issues as you. I look forward to more books by Keplinger, and I think you should definitely check this book out when in comes out in September.



So I rate this one:

LK - Liked it. It wouldn't hurt you to read it, but it wouldn't kill you if you didn't. I still think you'd be missing out if you didn't.

Alisha

Comments

Euphoria13 said…
Interesting! I was thinking about this book the other day. Good review! I think i would definitely want to read this! :)

Popular Posts