Once a Witch


Okay now I've finally had the time to go to my local public library and check out a few books. I also went out and bought some more too. The one I just finished is Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough.

About and Thoughts on Book: 
It's about a seventeen-year-old girl named Tamsin who's from a family of witches. Everyone in Tamsin's family is Talented. They all have a unique Talent, except Tamsin. She was suppose to be the most Talented, as her grandmother predicted when she was born. But when her eight birthday comes around, the year she's suppose to show what Talent she has, nothing happens. Now, Tamsin spends most of her time in Manhattan at a boarding school. She is looked down upon by her family and everyone in her home town. When a mysterious stranger thinks she is Rowena, her older sister and one of the most Talented in her family, and asks her to help her find something, she does. Even though she has no Talent, Tamsin pretends to be her sister and helps this man out. She discovers later on that maybe she does have something special about her and that her grandmother was right.
I liked the book, so much so that I read in it in less than a day. I couldn't put it down. I felt for Tamsin every time she felt like an outsider in her own family. The ending felt open ended, so I hope this turns out to be a series.


Other News:
I have many other books left to read, and at the moment I'm reading Meridian, and the rest of the House of Night series. I finally was able to buy the last two that are out. So this is all for now.

Alisha

Comments

Popular Posts