Heartless and Hush, Hush

Okay so both of these books don't go together, but I did just finish reading them both. I finished reading Heartless by Sara Shephard (7th Pretty Little Liars) yesterday, and went straight into reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I have been wanting to read both for a while now. So I just couldn't put either down, once I started them. I just finished Hush, Hush a little while ago.


About and Thoughts on Heartless:
In picturesque Rosewood, Pennsylvania, neighbors gossip over picket fences, and gleaming SUVs sit in every crushed-granite driveway. But recently, friendly smiles have been replaced with suspicious glares and accusatory whispers—and it's all because Hanna, Aria, Emily, and Spencer just can't keep their mouths shut. 
First they claimed they found a dead body in the woods behind Spencer's house, only to have it vanish without a trace. Then when the same woods went up in flames, they swore they saw someone who's supposed to be dead rise from the ashes. And even after all that, the pretty little liars are still playing with fire.
Hanna's trading in her Dior trench for a straitjacket. Aria's trying to contact the dead. Emily's dumped her boyfriend and is skipping town . . . again. And Spencer thinks someone in her family has gotten away with murder.
The friends insist they're telling the truth about what they saw, but all of Rosewood thinks they're simply out for attention—and nobody likes a girl who cries wolf. So when the big bad killer comes after the girls, will anyone believe them . . . or will they be the next to disappear?
From B&N

Okay, so personally I don't like writing about books in a series. I don't know if others mind or not, but I don't because I'm afraid I'll give too much away. Especially  if people reading it have yet to read even the first book. I read the first book in the Pretty Little Liars series last year, way before I started my blog. Heartless is the 7th book in the series. So I'll try my hardest not to give anything away, because I'm sure the synopsis may have already done that. So all the books in this series are really suspenseful. They have such open endings. Like this last one I read, it makes me frustrated not to have the next book. The whole series is about four former best friends, and their old best friend, Ali, who brought them together, and who died three and half years from when the first book starts off. Hanna is the popular girl at school, now that she's shed a few pounds and has practically started acting like her old friend Ali. Aria has been in Iceland for the past three years, and just now came back. She was the weird one of the group, but now she's grown up and every guy notices how gorgeous she is. Spencer is the overachiever. She's just trying to out do her older sister and earn her parents love. Emily is the athletic one, she's a swimmer, and is also super sensitive. They all have secrets, secrets only Ali knew and no one else. Secrets they thought they could hide after Ali is gone. But then someone starts texting them, someone who only goes by A, and she knows all their secrets. They think it could be Ali, but how could that be possible. This is why I like this series, you think you know who A is but then something happens and you find out you're wrong. My sister and I both read this series, and we're always trying to come up with who it is. The suspense and mystery of the book draws you in. It's a good read, I seriously couldn't put it down.

About and Thoughts on Hush, Hush:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
 From B&N

So this is a really, really good book. It completely drew me in when I read a preview. It's not like all these other fantasy books I read . I like how the author wrote it. I am so glad there is going to be a sequel, because who wouldn't want to read more about Patch. I kept wanting to know what he was all about, why he fell, why he wouldn't leave Nora alone. He's the ultimate bad boy, and who can resist a bad boy. I don't think I could. Cannot wait for the sequel to come out. So this was a must read.

End for this one. So many more books to read.

Alisha

Comments

Popular Posts